Java Web Developer
WSI Yorkshire is looking to build its in-house development team and requires a Java Web Developer to work full time at our Holmfirth offices. The job would initially be for a 3 month period with the possibility of a longer term contract once this is up.
You working across multiple projects and would make technical decisions for the whole company.
You will liaise directly with our clients as well as the other members of the web development team to produce high quality websites and web applications using our in-house CMS or other open-source alternatives. It is therefore essential that you have excellent oral and written English communication skills as well as common sense and initiative! You need to be comfortable with all types of communication be it face to face, using the telephone or the internet. Listening skills, checking understanding and attention to detail are also key to this role.
You need to be able to work on your own as well as part of a team having the ability to organise your own work, accounting for changing schedules and priorities when the need arises.
We are looking for someone who is responsive to change and will make a positive contribution and commitment to a rapidly growing company.
We’re proud of our high standards, we only want a developer who shares our passion for the web and wants to give the best possible service to our clients.
- Skills in Java6, Servlets, JPA, SSL, Windows 2008, Tomcat6 and IIS
- Experience working with and modifying content management systems
- Experience building AJAX features and applications
- Up-to-date knowledge of W3C compliance, accessibility and SEO issues
- A good understanding of Apache, DNS and general web server management
- Experience working with other development platforms e.g. PHP, ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails
No Comments »